Call to Action (CTA) buttons are probably the most important part of your Landing Page content – they tell the recipient what you want them to do next.
The Call to Action buttons can be used for several different functions:
- To direct people to a web page when clicked
- To initiate a phone call when clicked
- To initiate a text (SMS) when clicked
- To initiate an email when clicked
- To deeplink into Google Maps (view help video)
- To show your location via Longitude and Latitude
- To add an event to your phone’s native calendar app (view help video)
To create a CTA button, click on the Add Blocks tab, and select the CTA block as highlighted below.
Adding a Link:
Then click on the block to open the Item Properties tab. Here you can change the Display Text, and decide what action you want to take place when someone clicks on the button.
There’s a ? icon here to remind you what functionality is available.
Start your link with:
- http:// or https:// to link to a website
- tel: to initiate a phone call (i.e. tel:+443453565758 – formatting the number with the +44 and removing the first zero ensures it can be called from any country)
- sms: to initiate a text message (i.e. sms:+447812345678 – again, make sure you include the country code)
- mailto: to initiate an email (i.e. mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org).
Adding a Calendar button
This will when clicked enter a calendar event into the handset built in calendar.
Once you’ve selected the Item Properties tab, you can complete the Display Text and Event Title as needed, though both are required, you can also add a description of the event if you like.
Then we can move to setting the Event details, there are two ways of doing this;
Via your upload file; for example if you have multiple events you may want to send different details depending on the recipients, just be sure that you upload contains 2 columns with the same names as shown
When entering the dates into your spreadsheet they will need to be in one of the following formats which you’ll then need to select as part of the upload process:
In Excel the easiest way to do this is to create a new Customised format of “yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm”
Or you can enter a fixed event date and time by entering the details within the template here.
Adding a Location button
Once you’ve selected the Item Properties tab, you can complete the Display Text and Label as needed, though both are required
Then we can move to setting the location details, there are two ways of doing this;
Via your upload file; for example if you have multiple branches you may want to send different details depending on the recipients home location, just be sure that you upload contains 2 columns with the same names as show
Or you can enter a fixed location by entering the latitude and location within the template here.
For help finding the Latitude and Longitude please see this link from google: https://support.google.com/maps/answer/18539?hl=en-gb
Styling all CTA buttons
You can also change the text colour, background colour and border colour here – if your brand colours are not showing, switch to the Style tab to customise the colour palette.
You can also change the text size and weight (light, medium and bold) before clicking back to Add Blocks to keep customising your message, or Next to save and move on to the next stage.
As an example, here’s what your customers will experience if you use the tel: function: